Established in 2017 by Ghanaian curator Nicole Crentsil and Trinidadian-Nigerian journalist Paula Akpan, Black Girl Festival is an organisation that celebrates womxn and girls of colour unapologetically. On Saturday October 12th, Black Girl Fest is back to London for another year of #BlackGirlMagic ✨.
This year’s festival theme is “taking up space.” During Black History Month, the African diasporic community will come together to celebrate, discuss and develop the black experience through panel talks, workshops and much more. This year's events will be held at the Business Design Centre.
Why attend Black Girl Festival 2019? Here are the top 5 reasons to get involved.
1. This year, BGF’s goal is to break down barriers and create new seats at the table. From tech and literature to hair and beauty, they want to take up space across various industries and champion inclusivity!
2. There will be awesome workshops and masterclasses dedicated to developing and supporting womxn and girls of the African diaspora.
3. You’ll have a chance to attend some incredible art exhibitions, screenings and live performances produced by black creatives from around the UK!
4. There will be a marketplace filled with designs and artisanal products made by and for black womxn.
5. It’s the most immersive way to get involved in Black History Month!
Wanna know a secret? Yard + Parish will be giving away 2 tickets to the Festival to one of our luckiest UK followers! Be sure to stay up to date via our Instagram 'cause you definitely won't wanna miss this one!
All Photos Courtesy of Black Girl Festival.